Let’s look at the statistics of modern medicine and see what it ‘speaks’ to logic and sanity…
- 52 Million people in the US, over the age of 12, have used prescription drugs for a non-meical reason in their lifetime.
- 6.1 Million people have used prescription drugs – non-medically – in the past month.
- The US has 5% of the world’s population; however consumes 75% of the world’s prescription drugs.
- The number of prescription drug abusers in 2010 was 8.76 Million; most abused prescription drugs falling under 3 categories: Opiate painkillers – 5.1 Million, Tranquilizers (Benzos) – 2.2. Million, and 3) Stimlulants – 1.1 Million.
- Where are prescription drugs obtained from?
> 0.3%: purchased on the internet
> 1.9%: gotten from more than one doctor
> 2.2%: ‘other’
> 3.9%: drug dealer or stranger
> 16.6%: purchased to took from a friend or relative
> 18.1%: from just one doctor
> 54.2%: FREE from a friend or relative
> 99% of primary care doctors routinely prescribe addictive Opioid painkillers for longer than the 3 day period recommended by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Here is a surprising fact…, According to the NY Times, Americans account for 99% of the world’s hydrocodone (Vicodin) consumption, 80% of the world’s Oxycodone (Percocet & Oxycontin) consumption and 65% of the world’s Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) consumption.
According to IMS Health, a company which provides data on the healthcare industry, pharmaceutical companies totaled more than 1 Trillion Dollars in drug sales in 2014. Big Pharma’s global sales have increased by at least 3% every year since 2005.