Prescription Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths
Prescription opioids continue to contribute to the opioid overdose epidemic in the United States. More than 40% of all U.S. opioid overdose deaths in 2016 involved a prescription opioid, with more than 46 people dying every day from overdoses involving prescription opioids.
The most common drugs involved in prescription opioid overdose deaths include:
- Oxycodone (such as OxyContin®)
- Hydrocodone (such as Vicodin®)3
Among those who died from prescription opioid overdose in 2016:
- Overdose rates from prescription opioids were highest among people aged 25 to 54 years.
- Overdose rates from prescription opioids were higher among non-Hispanic whites and American Indian or Alaskan Natives, compared to non-Hispanic blacks and Hispanics.
- The rate of overdose deaths from prescription opioids among men was 6.2 and the rate among women was 4.3 in 2016.
- The highest overdose death rates from prescription opioids were in West Virginia, Maryland, Maine, and Utah.
Victory Retreat Montana, our transformational online and faith based recovery program, is raising money with the tee shirt below. If you are interested in supporting people through recovery with us, these tees are $25 each + $5 Shipping, for a total of $30. Your payment is by donation and is tax deductible, as we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. You will receive a tax deductible statement from us. Contact me if you are interested in buying a tee and saving a life. OR, you can CLICK HERE and purchase a tee directly from our ministry site. Sizes come in S – M – L – XL and are in white as shown below. All tees are made to order and take about 2 weeks to arrive at your door. As they are made to order, there are no refunds given.