A few ways to KNOW if you are truly addicted
Answer YES to even one of these questions to know that you are addicted and in need of help with medically supervised detox.
- Do you have to have your bottle of ‘pills’ available at all times?
- Are you making sure you have an ample quantity of your ‘pills’ in your house- just in case?
- Are you aware that your pain actually INCREASES due to narcotic painkiller abuse?
- Are you aware that your anti-anxiety medications cause increased anxiety when you take them for more than 2 weeks?
- Are you aware that antidepressants actually cause increased depression, horrific anxiety, delusions and suicide/homicide?
- Do you find yourself making excuses as to why you can’t live without your ‘pills’?
- Have you tried to quit using your ‘pills’in the past and failed?
- Are you fully aware that your ‘pills’ are causing certain health problems, such as diminished respirations, increased heart rate, anxiety, insomnia or wakefulness, delusions, nausea, vomiting, constipation, and much more, yet you continue to use them?
- Are you fully aware that your ‘pills’, after only 3 days, cause addiction – even when you deny that fact?
- Do you lie and tell yourself or others that you don’t take them all the time?
- Do your family members or friends criticize you for abusing drugs?
- Are you unable to go more than three days without using your ‘pills’?
- Are you using your ‘pills’ without a doctor’s prescription, or using more than prescribed?
- Are you ‘borrowing’ similar ‘pills’ from friends because you’re out of your own prescription?
- Are you buying your ‘pills’ from illegal sources or going to more than one doctor or clinic to get them?
- If you find yourself without your ‘pills’, do you keep thinking about it and craving them?
- Do you get withdrawal symptoms when you cannot or do not take them?
- Have you been using your ‘pills’ for more than a month, when you know you should’t be using them for more than 3 days?
- Do you have to keep increasing the dosage you use to get the effects you want?
- Do you experience a feeling of happiness and warmth and then a sense of peace when you use them?
- Does your ‘pill’ habit interfere with your roles at school, home or work?
- Do you keep telling yourself that you can quit anytime?
Recovery can be a happy and eye opening fun adventure. It needs to only happen once for a lifetime of healing. CLICK HERE.