Doctors Are Warning All Grillers To Throw Away Their Wire BBQ Brushes IMMEDIATELY!

Summer is supposed to be the fun, let-your-hair-down, cut-loose season. And, for the most part, it is. You ride roller coasters, eat ice cream, sun bathe, and chill on the beach. But just because you put your long pants and sweaters away doesn’t mean you can completely let your guard down, unfortunately.

As one mom is reminding us, it doesn’t take much to turn a fun summer into a near-tragedy.

Ten-year-old Brady Tovell is lucky to be alive after he swallowed a wire that dislodged from a grill-cleaning brush.

grill 1

When he woke up one night with abdominal pains, his parents thought it might just be constipation, his mother, Tara, explained in a Facebook post.

When things worsened, with him vomiting “every 30-45 mins for the next 15 hours,” they knew it was something worse.

grill 2
Suspecting appendicitis, they took him to the hospital, where an ultrasound showed fluid in his abdomen, so doctors prepared to operate.

Less than 36 hours after his symptoms started, Brady was scheduled for surgery to inspect and possibly remove his appendix.

grill 3
But, two hours later, the doctors told Brady’s mother that his appendix was fine after all.

The culprit was actually a grill brush wire that had perforated his bowel.

grill 4

Brady will be okay, but his recovery will be far from quick, and had the surgeons not found that little wire, he could have been in real trouble.

Article Source


81dpghwvrtl._sl1500_

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s